Please note that the forums are now archived and are available as read only for research purposes.

If you wish to ask a question or discuss the Vulkano products Click here and go to the Place Shifting Forums

BC Support, Design and Development

We create, maintain and develop WordPress and Drupal websites

More Information

Please consider registering

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Can't stream live TV on Verizon Blackberry Tour 9630
January 6, 2011
4:29 pm
vulkanoalam
Forum Posts: 1

Has anyone tried the new Vulkano player BB app on a Tour 9630 (on Verizon's network)?  When I try to access the Live TV feature, it just sits there saying Connecting.....  I've tried a number of locations both with med and full signal strength.  Both the Guide and Recordings menus are accessible and seem to work (although I have not tried to download a file to my BB since I don't have enough space).  Both menus are quite slow for initial response (takes 1-3 minutes for it to pass the Discovering.... screen), but seem to work ok when I move through the menus.

Both local and remote streaming works fine on my iPod Touch and laptop...both via Wi-Fi.  So I think the Vulkano and router settings are ok.  Just can't get the BB to stream live TV.

Any suggestions?

Alvin

January 20, 2011
5:26 pm
mrphil
USA
Enthusiast
Forum Posts: 354

Under settings on the BB App, have you changed your connection from Wi-Fi to 3G?

Update:24 Jan 2011

Received my Vulkano Platinum today.  Blackberry Tour 9630 says "Connecting". Tech support said they don't support the Tour 9630, however, when I mentioned returning the Vulkano, as that's all I intended to use it for, the tech stated more phones are constantly being added, so I'm going to give it a few weeks before deciding whether or not to request an RMA.....

February 7, 2011
9:55 am
OptimusPrime
Boston, MA
Forum Posts: 2

Any one getting this to work?

I have a Sprint Blackberry 9650 with the same problem. PC via wifi works, AT&T Iphone works via wifi and 3g, Sprint HTC Evo also works via wifi/3g/4g

So my hunch is that there is something that has to happen on the Blackberry since the Iphone works but I am not sure.

Any ideas?

Going to contact support this evening to see if they have any suggestions

April 27, 2011
3:43 pm
mrphil
USA
Enthusiast
Forum Posts: 354
mrphil said:
Under settings on the BB App, have you changed your connection from Wi-Fi to 3G?

Update:24 Jan 2011
Received my Vulkano Platinum today.  Blackberry Tour 9630 says "Connecting". Tech support said they don't support the Tour 9630, however, when I mentioned returning the Vulkano, as that's all I intended to use it for, the tech stated more phones are constantly being added, so I'm going to give it a few weeks before deciding whether or not to request an RMA.....

Update:

After making several attempts to get this to work and hearing nothing further from tech support, I decided to return my Vulkano Platinum before the 30 days elapsed.  One tech said they could extend my warranty. Not much good if it doesn't meet my needs.  I might try one of the devices in the future once more smartphones etc are verified with users to work as advertised.

April 29, 2011
8:34 am
garpt01
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Enthusiast
Forum Posts: 23

Have you tried their PHONE support? I have called several times for Blackberry issues. They are polite, patient, seem knowledgable, and I have NEVER had a wait time. Accents are a bit tough to understand, listen carefully. I am surprised that it appears so few use this option when they have an issue. Slingbox certainly doesn't have this service. Other tech companies and carriers- you wait for 20 min to an hour just to get (usually) an uninformed lower-level CSR. The phone number is in your documentation. TRY IT!!

Must be registered to post

Community Timezone: America/Phoenix

Member Stats:

There have been 60 guest posters

There are 5428 members

There are 2 admins

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 12

Topics: 2266