Please note that the forums are now archived and are available as read only for research purposes.

If you wish to ask a question or discuss the Vulkano products Click here and go to the Place Shifting Forums

Please consider registering

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Can't stream live TV on Verizon Blackberry Tour 9630
January 6, 2011
4:29 pm
vulkanoalam
Forum Posts: 1

Has anyone tried the new Vulkano player BB app on a Tour 9630 (on Verizon's network)?  When I try to access the Live TV feature, it just sits there saying Connecting.....  I've tried a number of locations both with med and full signal strength.  Both the Guide and Recordings menus are accessible and seem to work (although I have not tried to download a file to my BB since I don't have enough space).  Both menus are quite slow for initial response (takes 1-3 minutes for it to pass the Discovering.... screen), but seem to work ok when I move through the menus.

Both local and remote streaming works fine on my iPod Touch and laptop...both via Wi-Fi.  So I think the Vulkano and router settings are ok.  Just can't get the BB to stream live TV.

Any suggestions?

Alvin

January 20, 2011
5:26 pm
mrphil
USA
Enthusiast
Forum Posts: 354

Under settings on the BB App, have you changed your connection from Wi-Fi to 3G?

Update:24 Jan 2011

Received my Vulkano Platinum today.  Blackberry Tour 9630 says "Connecting". Tech support said they don't support the Tour 9630, however, when I mentioned returning the Vulkano, as that's all I intended to use it for, the tech stated more phones are constantly being added, so I'm going to give it a few weeks before deciding whether or not to request an RMA.....

February 7, 2011
9:55 am
OptimusPrime
Boston, MA
Forum Posts: 2

Any one getting this to work?

I have a Sprint Blackberry 9650 with the same problem. PC via wifi works, AT&T Iphone works via wifi and 3g, Sprint HTC Evo also works via wifi/3g/4g

So my hunch is that there is something that has to happen on the Blackberry since the Iphone works but I am not sure.

Any ideas?

Going to contact support this evening to see if they have any suggestions

April 27, 2011
3:43 pm
mrphil
USA
Enthusiast
Forum Posts: 354
mrphil said:
Under settings on the BB App, have you changed your connection from Wi-Fi to 3G?

Update:24 Jan 2011
Received my Vulkano Platinum today.  Blackberry Tour 9630 says "Connecting". Tech support said they don't support the Tour 9630, however, when I mentioned returning the Vulkano, as that's all I intended to use it for, the tech stated more phones are constantly being added, so I'm going to give it a few weeks before deciding whether or not to request an RMA.....

Update:

After making several attempts to get this to work and hearing nothing further from tech support, I decided to return my Vulkano Platinum before the 30 days elapsed.  One tech said they could extend my warranty. Not much good if it doesn't meet my needs.  I might try one of the devices in the future once more smartphones etc are verified with users to work as advertised.

April 29, 2011
8:34 am
garpt01
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Enthusiast
Forum Posts: 23

Have you tried their PHONE support? I have called several times for Blackberry issues. They are polite, patient, seem knowledgable, and I have NEVER had a wait time. Accents are a bit tough to understand, listen carefully. I am surprised that it appears so few use this option when they have an issue. Slingbox certainly doesn't have this service. Other tech companies and carriers- you wait for 20 min to an hour just to get (usually) an uninformed lower-level CSR. The phone number is in your documentation. TRY IT!!

Must be registered to post

Community Timezone: America/Phoenix

Member Stats:

There have been 60 guest posters

There are 5402 members

There are 2 admins

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 12

Topics: 2266